Ring in the new year with a crazy, glittery, colorful, handmade party crown! Whether you throw a party with family and friends or just stay at home, close out the year in an extra special way. These crowns can be made ahead of time during the long holiday break or at your New Year's Eve party as the activity or party favor.
What You Need:
1. First things first! Let's prep the decorations for your crown. Cut a variety of shapes and sizes of construction paper. Choose your feathers and glitter.
2. Create year signs for your crown with paper, pipe cleaners and tape!
3. Let's start making the crown! You are going to use packing tape as the base of our crown. Make sure to work on a surface tape can easily be peeled off. Once you are ready, stretch a piece of packing tape out in front of you so that the sticky side is up. Make the piece long enough so that you think it will fit around your child's head. Fold the two ends over just a little bit so they stick to your work surface and holds the tape in place.
4. Now we decorate the crown! Lay the paper and feathers on the tape so that it all sticks out the top of the crown.
5. You've made it to the most fun and messy step!! Sprinkle a small amount of glitter onto the packing tape. Make sure to not sprinkle too much or the top layer of tape will not stick.
6. Once you are satisfied with your crown's decorations, stretch another piece of packing tape on top of the first piece with the sticky side down. Push hard to secure to two pieces of tape to each other.
Helpful Hint: If the pieces of tape aren't sticking together very well, cut an additional piece of tape to fold over the bottom of the crown, securing the glitter and making sure your crown's decorations stay in place.
7. Lift the crown off your work surface and use a small piece of tape to secure the two sides together so it fits your child's head.